Sirkhane is a social circus school founded in 2012 in a region where it is difficult to be a child. The mission of Sirkhane is to provide a safe, friendly and accepting environment for children affected by conflict. We replace their destroyed childhood with joy and enrich the children’s imagination through the magic of social circus education. The children have the opportunity to work together and form friendships across gender, social and cultural differences. In this way they manifest peace, harmony, open-mindedness and happiness in their local and global communities. Sirkhane operates in Turkey and Iraq, serving children in Sirkhane centres in Mardin province and in rural areas of Mardin province through mobile units.
- Organization : Her Yerde Sanat Denergi
- Motto : For children, inspired by children
- Target groups : Children, Refugees, Youth
- Address : 13 Mart Mah. İkiz kuleler B Blok Kat 7: No: 25, Mardin, Turkey
- Website : www.sirkhane.org
- Phone : +90 482 212 3039
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Activity, Art and Social
- Activity : Regular and target group-oriented courses for workshops, Dinner together
- Artistic product : Flying Carpet Festival, performances and screenings in schools and refugee camps
- Technical product : Video, Graphic, Music production, Show
- Executive product : Producing, Training programmes, Youth exchange, Job shadowing
Social circus is a playful, joyous, and laughter-based art form. It is an educational tool that promotes the participation and empowerment of children and young people who are at personal or social risk. Workshops on various skills such as juggling, acrobatics, aerial acrobatics, clowning, drama and pyramids are very important in teaching children new ways of thinking, creating and playing, and at the same time expanding their environment social. Learning the disciplines of the social circus includes the fundamental element of fun and entertainment. In learning circus disciplines, children and youth also have the opportunity to develop life skills such as group dynamics, adopting universal values, improving coordination and concentration, developing a healthy personality and a healthy social communication skills.
Success of the Cooperation
Commitment of the participants, own location, work with local volunteers, professional support
Services Offered to the Artist
Free accommodation and meals, training rooms, intercultural training, Training and qualification in various sectors.